A sudden windfall is a blessing—and a source of stress. Whether you have inherited unexpectedly, won a game of chance, received a divorce settlement or prevailed in a lawsuit, sold your business or exited your corporate career with a large stock sale, the increased complexity that accompanied the windfall spells a need for management beyond yourself. We guide you through short- and long-term options for protecting your good fortune and turning it to its best uses for you and your family.
Services and planning include:
- Income planning: Even wealthy clients must stay within their means to address long-term financial goals. What is a safe income withdrawal rate, can I retire and still have money to gift? Will a large lump sum withdrawal jeopardize financial stability?
- Managing the tax liability: often a significant liquidity event will also trigger a major liability. Together with your tax team, we work to minimize or stretch-out the taxes payable.
- A major financial life change can trigger emotional responses. We help to manage the psychological aspects to make clear headed decisions at the right time.
- Administrative planning: Your sudden wealth planning may require a higher level of services towards bill-pay, expense management, and other family office attention.
- Each client will experience a different need or expectation, we are nimble to respond.